Get answers to frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions for employers
- Enrollment Process
- Fees and Costs
- Program Manager Transition
- What legislation created OregonSaves?
House Bill 2960 of 2015, now codified at ORS 178.200 to 178.245.
- Are my employees who have H-2A visas eligible for the program?
Yes, however, they can only be enrolled and have an account created for them if they work for more than 60 days and if enough verifiable information is available to create an account in their name. If the program is unable to verify their information, an account will not be established for them.
- Are workers of only certain immigration statuses eligible for the program? Are undocumented workers eligible?
Only workers with a verifiable individual tax identification number (ITIN) or Social Security number (SSN) can participate in the program. If a worker's information cannot be verified, the worker will not be enrolled, and an account will not be established for him or her.
- What is the auto escalation feature?
Auto escalation is a standard feature of the OregonSaves program. An employee’s contribution amount will increase by 1 percent on January 1 of each year until a maximum of 10 percent is reached. Employees can opt out of auto escalation at any time.
- If I have employees in multiple states, including Oregon, do I just facilitate the State's program for employees in Oregon?
Yes, you would need to facilitate the program only for employees with income in Oregon.